Обучение в России
Russian Scholarships available to Guyana,
Grenada, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,
Trinidad and Tobago in the 2018-2019 academic year
The Embassy of the Russian Federation in these countries has launched the Scholarship Campaign to select candidates eligible to study in Russia for the academic year 2018-2019.
Note: any scholarship covers tuition and basic accommodation. Travel expenses are covered by the sending party.
The first stage of the selection process will be carried out by this Embassy in cooperation with local authorities in April 2018. Nationals of Guyana, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago who wish to apply for the scholarship must do so before April 20, 2018, by filling out an online form at www.russia.study and attaching their documents in accordance with the list.
Applicants will be evaluated by average grades on subjects related to their field of study indicated in the application form. Age restrictions apply: 25 years for undergraduates and 35 years for postgraduates.
Students who do not speak Russian will study the Russian language during the first academic year before moving on to their higher education program.
Easy step-by-step guide
Stage 1. Filling out the application form
- Register at www.russia.study.
- Fill out all the required fields in the application form. You may choose up to six universities by order of preference, but not more than two from Moscow or St.Petersburg.
Do not tick the (Russian) “compatriot” status.
- Attach the documents in accordance with the list:
- passport biodata pages (must be valid at least until April 2020);
- secondary (for undergraduates) or higher education (for postgraduate studies) certificate;
- academic record;
- medical certificate of good health to the effect that its bearer can study in the Russian climate; basic medical tests depending on the field of study;
- HIV negative certificate;
- Any other document the applicant may deem useful for their evaluation.
Note: All documents to be submitted to this Embassy must be legalized at the national MFA or apostilled by respective national authorities and translated into Russian.
Stage 2. Review of the documents and evaluation
Upon preliminary review of the application and documents, the Embassy staff will contact you through www.russia.study to provide further guidance.
Note: you may be invited to undergo an interview.
Once all applications are finalized and reviewed, the Embassy will choose the brightest applicants and forward their personal files to the Ministry of Education.
Note: if you were not selected for scholarship but you still wish to study, you may apply to Russian universities directly. In this case tuition fees apply.