Study in Russia
Russian Scholarships Available to Guyana,
Grenada, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,
Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in the 2021-2022 academic year
The Embassy of the Russian Federation in these countries with residence in Georgetown, Guyana, in the framework of the Scholarships Campaign contributes to find out candidates eligible to study in Russia for the academic year 2021-2022.
Note: Any scholarship covers tuition and basic accommodation.
Translation into Russian and its official certifying of all documents of the candidate’s personal dossier as well as travel expenses of the enrolled student are covered by the sending party
- The first stage of the dossiers preparing will be carried out by this Embassy
in cooperation with local State authorities by July 26, 2021.
- Nationals of Guyana, Grenada, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Republic
of Trinidad and Tobago wishing to apply for a scholarship may do so by July 26, 2021, by filling in an online form and attaching copies of their scanned documents in accordance with the list at https://education-in-russia.com/.
- Applicants will be evaluated first of all by their grades on subjects related to their field of study indicated in the application form and by their certificate’s average grade.
- Applicants who do not speak Russian will study the language in Russian university during the first academic year before moving on to their essential higher education program.
- For the WHO CoViD-19 pandemic limitations, the studying and examination processes of all enrolled students will be online until Russian borders are re-open upon additional authorization.
Stage 1. Filling in the Application form until July 26, 2021
- Register yourself ONLY ONCE at https://education-in-russia.com/.
- Fill in all the required fields in the application form in Russian and in English (or at the first stage in English).
You may choose up to six universities by order of preference.
You may choose up to two universities in Moscow and Saint Petersburg (in each city) and up to three universities in one Federal District.
- Do not tick the (Russian) “compatriot” status if you do not have Russian citizenship.
- Attach copies of all your scanned relevant documents in accordance with the list:
- passport biodata pages (must be valid at least until 1 March 2024);
- one your photo (3,5 x 4,5 cm passport form);
- secondary (for undergraduates) or higher education (for postgraduate studies) certificate (if for the reasons of the CoViD-19 school time-table alterations you won’t be ready to present your Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) or Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) certificate until July 26, you can submit instead or also transcripts of your school grades for the last two years).
- academic record;
- medical certificate of good health to the effect that its bearer can study in the Russian climate; basic medical tests depending
on the chosen field of study (dated after January 21, 2021) – for the reasons of CoViD-19 can be submitted later;
- HIV, Tuberculosis and Hepatitis negative certificates (dated after January 21, 2021) – for the reasons of CoViD-19 can be submitted later;
- Any other document the applicant may deem useful for her/his evaluation (download in the section «Other documents»).
Stage 2. Review of the documents and evaluation
in July 2021
- : All documents to be submitted to this Embassy in originals or hard copies should be legalized at the national MFA or apostilled by respective national authorities and translated into Russian subject to official certification.
The “Consent to Personal Data Processing” should be downloaded, physically signed and attached to all other paper documents.
Upon preliminary review of the application and other documents, the Embassy staff will contact you through https://education-in-russia.com/ to provide further guidance.
Note: You may be invited to undergo an interview.
Once all applications are finalized and reviewed, the Embassy will certify that the brightest applicants meet the criteria and forward their personal dossiers to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation for further consideration. When approved, this Ministry will send the dossier to all the universities indicated by the applicant.
The university(ies) that will be ready to enroll the student will send him/her the invitation directly.
After concluding a contact with the chosen university the new student should inform the National authorities and the Russian Embassy in Georgetown on the fact and the date of concluding this contract.
Note: If you were not selected for scholarship but you still wish to study, you may apply to Russian universities directly. In this case, tuition fees apply in addition to travel expenses.